Canada has the opportunity to host one of the four FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments (OQT) – where the winner qualifies for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan. This is a major hosting opportunity to hold one of FIBA’s most significant and prestigious competitions.
Canada Basketball is seeking cities to submit a bid to host this event. Some of the technical requirements include:
- Minimum 8000 seat air-conditioned venue
- Seven changing rooms – 4 for teams, 2 for referees, 1 for sport presentation
- Press Conference room for 100 persons
Full details are available in the bid document posted on the Members Only Up for Bid section.
Dates of the Event: June 23 – 28, 2020
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: October 4, 2019
Deadline for Submission of Final Candidature File: November 4, 2019
Given the tight timelines, if interested or if you require further information, please contact:
Glen Grunwald, President & CEO, Canada Basketball
- If you haven’t logged into Members Only recently, or don’t remember your log-in or password, please contact Steven Trainor, email@example.com for your connection details. Look for the Members Only log-in details on the right-hand side of the CSTA website pages.
- If you are interested in becoming a member of CSTA to access this information, and other valuable membership benefits, please visit our Membership page for a profile of our members, membership fees, and application form.