Delta Winnipeg & RBC Convention Centre
Sport Events Congress 2024
See you in Winnipeg – March 13-15
WHAT IS IT?
DATES & LOCATIONS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS:
- SEC24 – Delta Winnipeg & RBC Convention Centre – Winnipeg, MB (March 13-15, 2024)
- SEC25 – Details coming soon!
THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT UPCOMING EDITIONS OF SPORT EVENTS CONGRESS
- Sport Events Congress 2024 Heads to Winnipeg, Manitoba
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
TOP 3 REASONS TO ATTEND SEC
Business Development & Sales/Partnership Leads
Over 700 B2B appointments will be conducted!
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Learn new skills and stay up-to-date!
SOCIAL / NETWORKING
Have fun with your sport tourism peers!
SEC: A Sustainable Event
Here are a few examples of how Sport Events Congress has become a more sustainable event over the years:
- Host Hotel – We choose host hotels that offer greener options for guests and meeting attendees.
- Printing – STC is using environmentally friendly materials and printing fewer hard copies of documents, including event schedules, handouts and reports.
- Gifting – STC’s delegate gift has a shelf life beyond the Congress.
- Travel – STC routinely offers ecological transportation options at SEC.
- Event Volunteers – STC gives back to its community hosts by offering professional development and networking opportunities to local students through volunteer opportunities at SEC.
- Speaker Gifts – in lieu of offering gifts to speakers, STC gives back to the local community by making a donation to a local charity.
- Delegate Bag Inserts – SEC sponsors are placing less paper in the Congress bags and offering re-usable items.
Thanks to all of our delegates and partners who continue to help us to make Sport Events Congress a sustainable event!
SAVE THE DATE!
(March 13-15, 2024)
Contact Us About SEC
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who normally attends Sport Events Congress?
Sport Events Congress attracts delegates from a variety of sectors:
- Events rights holders (organizations/companies who own the rights to sporting events and are seeking potential host cities to partner with them to host their next event. Events range from community level sporting competitions such as minor hockey tournaments to international elite sporting events to conferences and meetings and special events).
- Sport Tourism and Economic Development professionals (people who are working to promote their city/town as a destination for sport events and are interested in hosting events)
- Suppliers to the Sport Tourism Industry (companies who offer services to the sport tourism industry, such as hotels, airlines, magazines, event marketing firms, etc.)
- Education sector and researchers (students, professors and researchers who are in the tourism or sports administration fields).
What is the difference between Sport Events Exchange and Vendor Alley?
Sport Events Exchange is a business-to-business marketplace that provides an opportunity for events rights holders and destinations to meet one-on-one to explore sport events hosting opportunities. Participants are assigned brief appointments to conduct a short business meeting. The format is similar to ‘speed dating’ whereby both parties have a short period of time (8-10 minutes) to determine if there is potential to work together and then a bell rings prompting people to move on to their next appointment.
Vendor Alley is the trade show element at SEC. It offers companies the opportunity to set-up kiosks and promote their products and services to SEC delegates during the conference. Each year, approximately 30 exhibitors take part in the trade show and pay the appropriate fees for their kiosk space that is allocated to them in the trade show area. Conference delegates are encouraged to visit booths, pick-up promotional material and speak with company reps who are exhibiting. Exhibit space in Vendor Alley normally sells out well in advance of the Congress so any company interested in exhibiting should confirm their intentions to STC at least 5 months prior to the Congress.
WHERE AND WHEN DOES SPORT EVENTS CONGRESS TAKE PLACE?
Sport Events Congress has typically always been hosted in the spring. Past host cities include Toronto, Ottawa, Richmond, Edmonton, Halifax and Gatineau. There is a bidding process in place for hosting SEC.
Do you offer special rates for delegates who only want to attend portions of the Congress or one-day only?
Congress delegate fees are based on the attendee taking part in the full Congress. A limited # of one-day passes for Day 3 only are available.
Do I have to be a member of Sport Tourism Canada to attend SEC?
Congress is open to anyone, however, STC members have discounted rates on registration fees and may have access to certain activities or events that are restricted to members only. View the program of events for details or view the membership section of our website for more info on how to become a member of STC.
How do I find out if my company/organization is a member of Sport Tourism Canada?
Is SEC a sustainable event?
Since 2015, Sport Tourism Canada has been implementing sustainable event practices at Sport Events Congress. More info about SEC: A Sustainable Event is posted on our website.
I am interested in speaking or presenting at SEC? How do I submit my request or topic idea?
STC is in the process of developing a list of engaging topics for SEC23 that will provide learning and inspiration to assist the sport hosting system to be more successful and resilient in the future. If you would like to recommend a topic or have interest in speaking/presenting at SEC23, please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. View our schedule of events here.