Marketing and Communications Intern Sport Tourism Canada
Summary of Duties
Sport Tourism Canada (STC) is looking for a Marketing and Communications Intern, to support their efforts on advocating for the Canadian Sport Tourism industry, while also supporting its members. This role involves researching and writing content of their website and monthly newsletter, while also developing and posting content on social media.
• Researching and staying updated on relevant sport tourism industry news and opportunities for STC members.
• Developing website and newsletter content.
• Developing and posting social media content for multiple channels including Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Working directly with members (Destinations and National/Provincial Sport Organizations) to develop marketing profiles.
• Related administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Training and Licenses
• Ideal candidate is currently enrolled in or has completed a university or college program. Preference given to tourism, business, marketing, or communications programs.
• Excellent English writing and communications skills required.
• Ability to read, write and speak French is an asset but not required.
• Attention to detail; proofreading proficiency.
• Proficiency in social media, digital platforms (ex. Mailchimp, Flickr) an asset.
• Graphic design skills an asset.
• Approx 10 hours/week at your discretion.
• 100% virtual with approx. 2 meetings/week.
• Start date: August 2023
• Course credit will be provided if required.
How to Apply
Applications are being accepted until Wednesday, August 16th. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.