Nominate exceptional sport tourism initiatives, games & event
KINGSTON, ON (March 3, 2023) – Sport Tourism Canada (STC) is now accepting nominations for the PRESTIGE Awards, a program which recognizes exceptional sport tourism initiatives, games, and events. The Awards also shine a spotlight on the people and places behind these initiatives, games and events that make the Canadian sport tourism industry so dynamic and diverse.
“The STC PRESTIGE Awards are about honouring leaders in Canada’s sport tourism industry—who play a significant role in community building and in generating an economic stimulus for communities of all sizes across the country”, said Sheena McCrate, STC Interim Chair. “The 2023 edition of the PRESTIGE Awards is special as STC will be recognizing the outstanding people, corporations and events hosted between 2020 and 2022.”
These awards are typically presented annually in eight categories to individuals, companies, events, and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the success of the sport tourism industry across Canada.
This 15th edition of the STC PRESTIGE Awards will be presented at the awards gala event on June 8, 2023, in Richmond, B.C. at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel. The awards gala takes place in conjunction with STC’s annual Sport Events Congress (June 6-8, 2023), which is Canada’s largest annual gathering of sport and tourism professionals, event managers and industry suppliers that attracts approximately 400 delegates each year.
2023 STC PRESTIGE Award Categories:
- STC Canadian Sport Event of the Year
- Canadian Sport Event of the Year Group A : budget over $1 Million
- Canadian Sport Event of the Year Group B : budget under $1 Million
- STC International Sport Event of the Year
- International Sport Event of the Year Group A : budget over $2 Million
- International Sport Event of the Year Group B : budget under $2 Million
- STC Canadian Sport Event Sponsorship Initiative of the Year
- STC Sport Event Volunteer of the Year
- STC Sport Event Legacy of the Year
- STC Sport Tourism Rising Star of the Year
- All 2023 nomination criteria can be found at: https://sporttourismcanada.com/about-prestige-awards/
- Award nominations must have occurred during the 2020, 2021 or 2022 calendar years.
- Self-nominations are permitted and encouraged by individuals or organizations.
Nominations for the 2023 STC PRESTIGE Awards will be accepted until March 31, 2023. Links to the nomination forms can be found online at https://sporttourismcanada.com/about-prestige-awards/.
About Sport Tourism Canada
Sport Tourism Canada is an organization founded in the year 2000 through a partnership with the Canadian Tourism Commission with the mission to increase Canada’s capacity to attract and host sport tourism events and grow the sector. The STC has over 500 members, which includes 200+ municipalities, 250+ national and provincial sporting organizations, and 20+ educational institutions that support the industry.
For more information contact: email@example.com