SEC22 – March 22-23-24, 2022 – Edmonton Convention Centre & Westin Edmonton – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Canada’s largest gathering of organizations connected to the $6.8 billion+ sport tourism industry in Canada
DATES & LOCATIONS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS:
- SEC22 – Edmonton Convention Centre & Westin Edmonton – Edmonton, AB (March 22-23-24, 2022)
- SEC23 – Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel & Vancouver Airport Marriott – Richmond, BC (March 21-22-23, 2023)
- SEC24 – Delta Winnipeg & RBC Convention Centre – Winnipeg, MB (March 13-14-15, 2024)
- SEC25 – Details coming soon!
WHAT IS IT?
Sport Events Congress, the largest annual gathering of everyone connected to the over $6.8 billion sport tourism industry in Canada, is a 3-day interactive and educational event.
Over 400 people attend, including sport organizations / event rights holders, destination tourism professionals, event suppliers, event management firms, hoteliers, the education sector, and elected officials.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
To present your destination to sport organizations seeking a host partner; to take in superb professional development presentations; to connect with the brightest and best minds in the sport tourism industry; and to engage with other like-minded champions of sport tourism. And most of all – to enjoy the SEC brand of fun and social networking!
TOP 3 REASONS TO ATTEND SEC
Business Development & Sales/Partnership Leads
Over 400 B2B appointments will be conducted!
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Learn new skills and stay up-to-date!
SOCIAL / NETWORKING
Have fun with your sport tourism peers!
Our 2021 Sponsors
SAVE THE DATE!
SEC21 (Virtual Edition) – April 7-8-9, 2021 (event produced from the Westin Ottawa Hotel in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
Mark your calendars for the only event in Canada where all of Canada’s sport tourism stakeholders gather to learn, network and develop new business partnerships.
Contact Us About SEC
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who normally attends Sport Events Congress?
Sport Events Congress attracts delegates from a variety of sectors:
- Events rights holders (organizations/companies who own the rights to sporting events and are seeking potential host cities to partner with them to host their next event. Events range from community level sporting competitions such as minor hockey tournaments to international elite sporting events to conferences and meetings and special events).
- Sport Tourism and Economic Development professionals (people who are working to promote their city/town as a destination for sport events and are interested in hosting events)
- Suppliers to the Sport Tourism Industry (companies who offer services to the sport tourism industry, such as hotels, airlines, magazines, event marketing firms, etc.)
- Education sector and researchers (students, professors and researchers who are in the tourism or sports administration fields).
Approximately 400 delegates attend Sport Events Congress each year.
What is the difference between Sport Events Exchange and Vendor Alley?
Sport Events Exchange is a business-to-business marketplace that provides an opportunity for events rights holders and destinations to meet one-on-one to explore sport events hosting opportunities. Participants are assigned brief appointments to conduct a short business meeting. The format is similar to ‘speed dating’ whereby both parties have a short period of time (8-10 minutes) to determine if there is potential to work together and then a bell rings prompting people to move on to their next appointment.
Vendor Alley is the trade show element at SEC. It offers companies the opportunity to set-up kiosks and promote their products and services to SEC delegates during the conference. Each year, approximately 30 exhibitors take part in the trade show and pay the appropriate fees for their kiosk space that is allocated to them in the trade show area. Conference delegates are encouraged to visit booths, pick-up promotional material and speak with company reps who are exhibiting. Exhibit space in Vendor Alley normally sells out well in advance of the Congress so any company interested in exhibiting should confirm their intentions to STC at least 5 months prior to the Congress.
WHERE AND WHEN DOES SPORT EVENTS CONGRESS TAKE PLACE?
Sport Events Congress has been hosted in Toronto, Ottawa, Richmond, Edmonton, Halifax and Gatineau in previous years. Future Congresses may take place in one of these cities or other cities – decisions regarding the location of the conference are made on an annual basis. The Congress usually takes place in March or April.
Do you offer special rates for delegates who only want to attend portions of the Congress or one-day only?
Congress delegate fees are based on the attendee taking part in the full Congress. There is no one-day rate available.
Are there any new measures or plans in place for SEC given the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our priority post-pandemic will be to keep our event attendees SAFE. With this in mind, we are exploring implementing the following new measures
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning measures onsite
- Medical services
- Clear evacuation protocols
- More text message communication between organizers and delegates
- Adaptive meeting & networking spaces to allow for physical distancing
- A hybrid offering consisting of both face-to-face in-person attendance and virtual participation