MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: MISSISSAUGA
mississauga: elevate your game
As Canada’s 6th largest city, Mississauga is in a class all its own—cutting-edge facilities offer big-city appeal, while lush green spaces, exciting attractions and diverse villages and neighbourhoods give groups plenty of options for meeting and teambuilding fun. For sporting events of all sizes, Mississauga has the resources to guarantee they are successful. Connected by major area highways, transit and home to Canada’s largest airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ), this bustling waterfront city in Southern Ontario is easily accessible and thriving with potential. An abundance of hotels near the airport boast ample space for seamless fly-in, fly-out meetings and large conferences, while customizable and exclusive venues set the perfect stage for memorable events. Best-in-class facilities are available for a variety of sports, and with the support of experienced staff and volunteers, world-class sporting events are executed with excellence.
- 60+ hotels,
- 7,000+ hotel rooms
- 5,000 seat premier sport and entertainment arena
- 22 NHL regulation size arenas,
- 1 Olympic-size arena 19 lit soccer pitches, 8 with artificial turf
- 30 minutes to downtown Toronto;
- 90 minutes to Niagara Falls
Stay and Play
Sports groups can rest easy in the ample selection of accommodations available throughout the city—from luxury properties to extended stay and boutique hotels—many in close proximity to sports facilities. Exceptional amenities will keep teams fueled and focused, from fitness centres and customized meal plans, to room blocks and hospitality suites for strategy sessions. Hotel conference rooms provide additional options for team gatherings and award galas. Learn More.
On their Game
The city is well-known for having many single and multi-sport facilities and the infrastructure to execute international, national and community sporting events—this year in 2022, Mississauga will host both the Ontario ParaSport Games and the Ontario Summer Games—and Tourism Mississauga provides the support of their experienced operational team and extensive database of volunteers to ensure that they are executed smoothly from start to finish. Learn More.
Top Notch Venues
- Paramount Fine Foods Centre, home of the Raptors 905 (NBA G-League) and Mississauga Steelheads (OHL), is a 5,000-seat facility with four NHL regulation-size rinks and a portable FIBA-size basketball court. The adjoining multi-sport Sportsplex has a full-size FIFA indoor artificial turf, gymnastics centre and artificial outdoor turf fields.
- The Recreation, Athletics & Wellness Centre at University of Toronto Mississauga Campus has a double gymnasium, eight-lane swimming pool with a depth adjustment floor, three squash courts and an indoor track; from May to August, they offer accommodations for up to 975 guests and athletes.
- Mississauga’s scenic golf courses welcome all skill levels—18-hole Lakeview Golf Course is a two-time host of the Canadian Open and is ideal for small groups; BraeBen Golf Course is a challenging 18-hole championship course and can accommodate larger tournaments and events.
- Canlan Sportsplex Mississauga is an indoor complex with two fully boarded soccer fields, one boarded ball hockey rink and three official-size volleyball courts. Nine large overhead garage-style doors open to transform it into an open air facility
What better way to celebrate a game well-played than breaking bread with your team at one of over 1,200 restaurants in Mississauga’s many unique neighbourhoods, featuring cuisines from more than 150 countries that showcase the city’s rich multicultural diversity. Learn More.
With a multitude of options for unforgettable teambuilding events and so much to see and do during their leisure time, groups won’t soon forget their time spent here. Learn More.
Meet Tourism Mississauga
Tourism Mississauga is the official DMO of Mississauga, and has a dedicated team of Sport Event Specialists that can help to elevate your next bid or event and ensure that your organization has access to the best available resources, including access to funding support through the Sport Hosting Incentive Program. Learn more.
Sports Event Hosting Incentive Program
Sport event organizers may qualify for financial incentives through Tourism Mississauga for conferences and events that bring direct or indirect economic, social and community development benefits to the city. Learn more.
Tourism Mississauga Services
Our team of specialists offers a variety of customizable event planning services and resources, including site visits, hotel & accommodation connections, marketing & creative services, and much more. Contact our team today, to see if your event may qualify for financial incentives and discuss how we can help.
Sport Lives Here.